Description : Promotions and Events Assistant - Part-time. Company : null. Location :
Who We Are:
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners - in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are. This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day.
SXM Media is the gateway for marketers to the largest digital audio advertising ecosystem in North America. As the combined advertising revenue organization of Sirius XM Holdings Inc., SXM Media spans across leading owned and operated audio platforms Pandora and SiriusXM; innovative ad tech solutions powered by AdsWizz; sonic creative consultancy Studio Resonate; and an extended content network featuring exclusive monetization agreements with Audiochuck, NBCUniversal, SoundCloud, and many more. Reaching more than 150 million listeners each month, SXM Media delivers audiences the tailored brand experiences they crave while putting creators first, making it easy for every marketer to produce, plan, buy and measure across its entire audio universe.
How you’ll make an impact:
This position assists with the functions of on-air promotions and overseeing setup and performance for on-site/off-site company events and appearances.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with the functions of promotional setup and performance for on-site/off site events in the LA Area.
- Events include live broadcasts, remotes, concerts, sporting events, talent appearances.
- Converse comfortably with the public in an outgoing, friendly, and professional manner.
- Inventory Management of all Marketing Tools for SXM.
- Handle and distribute handouts and premiums.
- Setup and break-down event materials i.e. tent, banners etc.
- Perform basic office administrative functions including processing of invoices, prize fulfillment.
- Data entry and other tasks.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 6-12 months of related work experience.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work (approx. hours a week) weekdays, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Some heavy lifting required.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills. Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person. Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects. Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Creative writing ability.
- Strong interest in current events and pop culture, as related to assigned channels/programs.
- Comfortable working with talent, artists and high-profile individuals.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and Social Media experience.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
At SiriusXM, we carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. We expect the hourly rate for this part-time position to be $17/hr. and will depend on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary short-term and long-term incentives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.