Description : Grocery Stocker. Company : Brookshire Grocery Company. Location : Pine Bluff, AR 71601100+ locations
Brookshire Grocery Company (BGC) is a family business based in Tyler, Texas, and currently operates more than 180 stores in three states – Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas – with three distribution centers and a corporate office. BGC prides itself on offering its partners one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry which includes medical, dental, prescription drug, vision, dental, paid time off, stock ownership, a 401k retirement plan, incentive plans, employee discounts, educational scholarships, and access to BGC’s 205-acre outdoor recreation area.Job Summary
Maintains product levels and quality control in grocery department. Ensures products are displayed in accordance with Company standards and all regulatory food safety practices. Promotes customer service and sales building practices.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains full stock conditions on grocery display racks and shelves.
- Operates pallet jack to unload product from warehouse trucks and reloads trucks with return items.
- Ensures dated product is stocked, rotated, or discarded properly if unsold.
- Inspects product for quality and maintains quality control and food safety standards.
- Collects empty cardboard boxes and other trash and places into bailer.
- Assists fellow partners and customers by responding to price check questions and exchanging and/or locating product.
- Promotes product sales through use of suggestive selling initiatives.
- Provides friendly and customer service-oriented attitude by greeting customers, answering questions, and responding to customer complaints.
- Maintains clean, safe and sanitary working and shopping environment by adhering to Company safety procedures. Complies with all Company policies and procedures.
- Takes precautionary safety measures when using equipment and work tools.
- Ability to operate manual or electric pallet jack.
- Ability to safely operate and maintain department equipment.
- Ability to handle objects gently to avoid damage to items, people, vehicles, and property.
- Ability to safely work with sharp objects such as knives, box cutters, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well with fellow partners and promote a team environment.
- Ability to learn new technology systems, methods and processes.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Minimum of 18 years of age required.
- Typically involves on-the-job training.
- Continuously required to use close vision, distance vision, depth perception or the ability to focus.
- Continuously required to stand or walk.
- Continuously required to use hands for reaching, touching or handling.
- Continuously required to push, pull, maneuver or lift objects up to 40 lbs.
- Continuously required to bend, kneel or squat.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to push, pull, maneuver or lift objects up to 75 lbs.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop or crawl.
- Occasionally exposed to outside temperatures and weather.
- Attendance at work is required.
- Work is generally performed in a retail store.
- Occasionally exposed to extreme cold conditions (non-weather).
- Occasionally exposed to wet, slippery or damp conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to cleaning agents.
- Quiet to moderate noise level.
Brookshire Grocery Company strives to provide a safe, drug free and alcohol-free environment for its partners and guests. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or military status and any other trait protected by law.